Action Alert: Illinois is coming closer to crisis
SIGN THE LETTER
The stakes are too high for us to remain silent. Illinois needs a budget, and we need it balanced with adequate revenue.
The Responsible Budget Coalition is asking non-profits to unite and sign this letter to Rauner and leaders in the General Assembly. Click here to read the letter. Click here to sign on for your organization.
ORGANIZE A MINI PHONE-A-THON
We’ve been asking you to make 1 Call A Day to leaders in Springfield. But it’s more fun together! Take 3 minutes before a meeting or during lunch time to bring your staff together. Or set a time for everyone to call during the day.
Call Governor Rauner at 217-782-0244 in Springfield or 312-814-2121 in Chicago, and let him know that we need a budget balanced with adequate revenue! Then, share photos from your calls. Use the hashtags #1CallADay and #ChooseRevenue on social media.
Here is our own Frontline Focus Administrator, Cheryl making her call. You can share the Facebook post as well.
JOIN US IN THE STREETS, CHURCHES, AND TOWN HALLS!
- Today, Wednesday, June 24 from 7-8:30 pm: A Town Hall Meeting hosted by Senator Heather Steans, and Representatives Kelly Cassidy and Greg Harris at Saint Andrew Greek Orthodox Church (5649 N. Sheridan Rd., Chicago).
- Thursday, June 25 at 6:30 pm: Citizen Action Illinois is holding a town hall meeting to discuss Rauner’s “Turnaround Agenda” and its harms to working Illinoisans. Irish-American Heritage Center (4626 N. Knox, Chicago). Click here to register.
- Thursday, June 25 from 5-8 pm: A Town Hall Meeting on the Faith and Community Response to State Budget Cuts. Lights of Zion Ministries (11636 S. Halsted Street, Chicago). Click here for more.
- Thursday, June 25 from 5:30-8 pm: “Stand with the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus” A rally to fight for our community’s values. Kindig Performing Arts Center, South Suburban College (15800 State St., South Holland). Click here for details.
- Friday, June 26 from 10am-noon: A Town Hall meeting with Senator Julie Morrison at SEARCH, INC. (625 Slawin Court, Mount Prospect). Call 847-945-5200 for more.
- Friday, June 26 from 8:30am-1:30pm: A Community Forum on the budget impact on Chicago’s Southland, with panel discussion. Engbretson Hall, Governor’s State University (1 University Parkway, University Park). See announcement for more.