The Damage Is Real: Raise Your Voice for Revenue
MAKE THE CALL
The deadline is past and the damage is real. Leaders in Springfield must put forth budget plans with the revenue to keep Illinois running.
Call House Speaker Madigan today, tomorrow, and the next day. Be relentless. Dial 217-782-5350 and say “It’s time for Speaker Madigan to put forth a plan with the revenue we need.”
Then, let your friends know that you’re making 1 Call A Day by posting on facebook and twitter with #1CallADay!
ATTEND AN EVENT
- A Community Forum hosted by Grace Episcopal Church in Oak Park will take place Monday, June 22 from 6:30-8pm (924 W. Lake Street, Oak Park). Call 773-791-3523 or email info@AllianceForCommunityServices.org for more.
- A Town Hall Meeting hosted by Senator Heather Steans, and Representatives Kelly Cassidy and Greg Harris will take place Wednesday, June 24 from 7-8:30 p.m. at Saint Andrew Greek Orthodox Church (5649 N. Sheridan Rd., Chicago).
- Citizen Action Illinois is holding a town hall meeting to discuss Rauner’s “Turnaround Agenda” and its harms to working Illinoisans. Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 6:30 pm at the Irish-American Heritage Center (4626 N. Knox, Chicago). Click here to register.
WRITE A LETTER
- Check out these letters to the editor from Thursday and Friday‘s Tribune. Then, write your own letter to the editor calling on Illinois leaders to choose a revenue solution to this manufactured crisis.
- Let your communities know that your services might be impacted by Rauner’s cuts. Some members of the Responsible Budget Coalition are releasing Letters of Local Impact to bring a sense of urgency to the community. Here is a suggested format.